Douglas A Drossman, MD, former co-Director of the UNC Center for Functional GI and Motility Disorders is now seeing patients at Drossman Gastroenterology PLLC located at the Chapel Hill Doctors Integrative Health Center at 55 Vilcom Center Drive, Boyd Hall in Chapel Hill NC 27514. Please visit the website at www.chapelhilldoctors.com.
Drossman Gastroenterology PLLC will maintain the same biopsychosocial patient centered care model that Dr. Drossman used while at UNC. The practice is located within a multidisciplinary health care center that can provide other health care services. He is joined by a physician’s assistant (PA), Ms. Kellie Bunn. The clinic is held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Most all laboratory and other diagnostic studies are available through the new health care facility.
Payment to Drossman Gastroenterology is by cash, check or credit card at the time of the visit. Proper forms are provided if you choose to file for reimbursement. Unfortunately we are not able to accept Medicare. The physician fee is competitive with the combined physician and hospital fee charges now occurring at UNC Health Care.
If you are coming to see Dr. Drossman for the first time, a referral from your primary care physician or gastroenterologist may be needed. You or your doctor should contact our office (919) 929-7990 and we will work with you to set up the appointment and provide information on local resources if you are coming from out of state.
- Rome IV Interactive Clinical Decision Toolkit-A Rome Foundation/LogicNets® Strategic Partnership
- Free Webinar: Stop Suffering – Learn How to Talk to Your Doctor for Better Health Outcomes”
- Dr. Drossman Webinar Recording Available: “How to Make the Most of Your Doctor Visit”
- FDA Invites Patients to Public Meeting on Functional Gastrointestinal (GI) Disorders
- Watch Dr. Drossman’s Latest Presentations on Making the Most of Your Doctor Visit and GI Risks of Pain Medication
- How the Internet Can Hinder the Doctor-Patient Relationship
- GI Fellow Emily Rolfsmeyer, MD, Gains New Perspective on Treating Patients with FGIDs
Drossman Gastroenterology is helping patients with difficult to diagnose and treat functional gastrointestinal and motility disorders. We seek to enhance the physician/patient relationship and improve clinical outcomes by maintaining fundamental values of listening actively, providing patient centered care, and collaborating in treatment.
"Few academicians in medicine have had such an impact as Doug. His ability to teach and demonstrate patient interview skills and the physician-patient relationship are legendary. He has educated physicians, residents and students all over the world."