April 24, 2017 8 PM EDT
Achieving Effective Patient-Provider Communication
One of the greatest problems that emerges with continually decreasing amounts of time that clinicians can spend with patients include the inability to:
1) obtain sufficient high quality information about the illness and
2) have quality time to establish an effective patient-provider relationship.
This can result in inaccurate diagnoses and treatments as well as patient and physician dissatisfaction with each other and the very process of care.
This webinar is specifically designed for patients and features Douglas A. Drossman, MD, MACG, and one of his patients, Katie Errico, who recently published her health journey in The American Journal of Gastroenterology.
Dr. Drossman and Katie will discuss her case as an example of effective patient-provider communication and provide guidance, tips and insights on what you can do to better understand your symptoms and how best to communicate with your doctor on how they are impacting your quality of life so you can effectively work together to achieve symptom relief.
1. To learn methods that help to optimize a visit to a physician
2. To learn ways to self manage chronic pain and functional GI symptoms
3. To understand how effective communication improves the patient-provider relationship through presentation of a case history
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions following the presentation.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.